Monday, May 23, 2011

Back After It

I made it to the gym to do a real training session.  I am back after it and back to basics.  Nothing works like the simple stuff.  

Perform quality, tested movements within your body's ROM.  Stop at the first Element of Effort.  

It doesn't get any simpler than that. 

Waiter Plate Press - 25 lbs. - 7 min. 
Left - 25 reps, Right - 25 reps = 1250 lbs.
-I stood normal stance and did lateral torso rotation during the press.

1 Arm KB Rows - 35 lbs. - 7 min.
Left - 44 reps, Right - 44 reps = 3080 lbs.

Short Circuit - 9 min. 
1. Reverse Lunge to High Kick - 60 reps total
2. Crabwalk - 90 yards total 
3. Slalom Jumps - 150 L, R total 

I still have irritation in my wrist, so I didn't push it on the body weight stuff.  The only drill I did that put pressure on my wrist was the crabwalk.  

I've set some goals for myself that include deadlift (300 lbs for 3 reps), swings (225 lbs. for 10+ reps), and bodyfat (drop 2%).  My 40th birthday is my goal date (July 7).  Keep me accountable!

No comments: