Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Check, Check

Is this thing on?

Testing 1, 2, 3. 

Um, hello.  My name is Amy.  I used to be a faithful blogger.  I fell of the wagon for awhile here.  I know I told you all I'd be back.  Sooooooo, I'm back.  Though, I really don't have much of interest to discuss.

My semester is over; now I have so projects to finish up that are work-related, but don't pertain to the specific classes I taught this spring semester.  The projects will, however, improve my curriculum and instruction.

Now that I'm relatively caught up on life (as much as you can be in four days), I am able to focus on my physical well-being.  I'm taking action to make myself better.  I just stocked up on fresh veggies and fruits, fish, pork, and beef.  My garden will be planted before the week is out, which makes me pretty excited. 

I've found a bunch of new body weight exercises to mix in with my gym training, so I'm really looking forward to getting back into a steady workout program. 

It's all about taking life the best way I can.  Every day is an opportunity to look at my options and make the choices that will lead me to a better place (happier, healthier, wiser, calmer).  My thoughts are with a friend today who has experienced a devastating setback.  I've experienced setbacks; not as serious as his, however, but enough to give me a significant pause.

I've learned that allowing myself to spiral down into the negative mire only makes the situation worse.  It doesn't keep me moving and asking questions.  It only paralyzes me.  My friend's experience reminded me that I cannot allow myself to do that.  Each move in a direction away from my goals is a chance to make a choice.  I CAN control my choices.  I will take action.  That is what I did today.

Thanks Josh for reminding me and always inspiring me!

No comments: