Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Who Needs Equipment?

I just got a great workout using only my body. 

1. Burpees - 125 reps total 
2. Planks - 5 times at 45 seconds 
3. Rotating One Leg Pushup w/ kicks - 35 reps total 
4. Sumo Squat to Knee Up - 75 reps total  

I didn't time myself, but I think this took about 15 minutes.  I did 5 rounds of the four drills.  My heart was really pumping, more so than I can get while walking or jogging.

The best part of these body weight workouts is that they are hard, yet simple.  Hard in the fact that they build coordination, balance, and strength.  Simple in the fact that I don't need to drive anywhere or have any equipment. 

LMK if you give any of these drills a try.  I'm curious to know if others find them as fun as I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you. I like using equipment but at times won't have access to it. I want to be able to continue my workouts. Your question & answer give me a credible start on doing that.