Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Body Weight 500

Like the Indianapolis 500 without race cars, or the pace car, the trophy or the prize money.  Ok, so it's not anything like the Indianapolis 500.  Who am I kidding.

The Body Weight 500 is my name for today's workout.  I did 500 reps of body weight drills.  I timed myself so I can compare the next time I do this workout.  Remember, when it comes to training (or anything), the goal is to get better. 

1. Split Lunge w/ Kick - 115 reps total
2. Plank Jump Backs - 80 reps total
3. Sumo Squat Pulses to Jump Up - 50 reps total
4. Hindu Pushups - 50 reps total
5. Reverse Lunge to Side Lunge - 100 reps total
6. Sumo Squat w/ Twist - 105 reps total

Total Time to 500 reps - 23 min. 30 secs

This was fun and gave my brain something to focus on.  I had to keep a running count so I knew when I was at 500 reps.  Luckily I got it.  I had it figured out so that I could do fewer reps of each drill on the fifth round.  That was great!

No comments: