Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's All in the Wrist

That isn't a good thing for me.  Remember several weeks ago I wrote about injuring my wrist while opening a bottle of Cheer detergent?  Well, I re-injured my wrist this week.  Guess how. 

Wait for it. 

Playing golf. 

Jiminy Christmas, woman.  How can I get hurt golfing?  I think it's an overuse injury.  I golfed 18 holes Friday, 9 on Saturday, and 18 on Monday.  I don't golf that frequently.  Ever.  Monday's experience took me to a brand new course with thick, thick roughs.  Sometimes I couldn't even hang on to my club when hitting through it. 

By the 14th hole, my elbow and wrist were aching.  Maybe if I hit the ball onto the fareway more often instead of into the rough, I wouldn't be in pain.  Lesson learned.  Just knock the freaking ball into the fareway.  Don't try to hit out of that stuff on that course. 

In spite of my aching wrist, I did work out.  I did a 20 minute run in my Vibrams followed by 15 minutes of brisk walking this morning.  It was so beautiful outside.  That started my day out on a great vibe.  In fact, I may do it again tomorrow if the weather permits.

No comments: