Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Monday, Wednesday Good - Can't Wait for Friday

Okay - I'm in training to press the 20 kg. Here's the beatdown:

Monday
Double Military Press Ladders - 3 x 1, 2, 3
- I started with the 16 kg in the left hand and an 8 kg in the right. I changed hands with the two kbs on each rung.
- I rested 1:00 between rungs.

Quick Circuit of
Swings w/20kg - 20 secs work / 10 secs rest
Burpees 20 secs work / 10 secs rest
5 rounds w/out any rest between rounds

Wednesday
Double Military Press Ladders - 4 x 1, 2, 3
- I started with the 16 kg in the left hand and an 8 kg in the right. I changed hands with the two kbs on each rung.
- I rested 1:00 between rungs.

Circuit of
Crab Walk - 20 yards
Bear Crawl - 20 yards
Inverted Rows - 8
Squats w/ 16 kg - 10
3 Rounds
45 secs rest between rounds

I'm having some trouble on the left with the presses. When I have that 8 kg in the right hand, it really forces me to use the appropriate pressing muscles and technique. No cheating!! My left side is definitely weaker than my right. I can knock out 3 presses on the right no prob. I end up having to do a little bit of a knee dip to get that 3rd rep on the left. I'm not discouraged, though, because I know the double presses will make me stronger, faster.

Friday I get to do push presses with the 20 kg. I am so freaking excited to get to pressing that 20 kg!!!! I have no doubt I'll do it, so it's fun stepping back and watching myself. My goal is to do it by Christmas. Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

You go girl! No doubt you'll have it by the 25th! What a great present to yourself!