Saturday, December 20, 2008

Training Blizzard

or "Training in a Blizzard."
I never train in the morning, but today, I decided to give it a shot. The kids were outside playing in newly fallen snow. (They're working on a snow fort in the snowpiles that surround my parents' house down the block.) Jerry was on the phone with employees dealing with hazardous travel, broken furnaces, and a stubborn fireplace.

This is the view out my front door looking down the block at my parents' house.

With the blizzard of activity, I had nothing to do. Why not train?? Okay!


I did four rounds of the following:

Tricep Dips - 15
Walking Lunges - 20
Hindu Pushups - 8
Cossacks w/ 16 kg - 16

No rest between drills; 30 secs between rounds.

Later I will do some push presses with the 20 kg. Yoohoo!!!!

I actually have all of my kbs at home. Why you ask? Well I'll tell you! I'm going to teach two PE classes at my local high school on Monday and Tuesday. The school (I'm on its school board) received a federal PE grant and is using some of the funds to purchase kettlebells! Guess where they got the idea??? Hmmmmmmmm The only downside is they didn't tell me they were ordering kbs until after it was done, so I didn't have the chance to direct them to Dragon Door. (Maybe if they decide to purchase more, I can show them the light!) The kbs haven't arrived yet, so yesterday I gathered up all my bells for them to use.

So, the first two official days of my winter break will be spent training 17 year olds. I have a lot of these students in my college classes, so they know me and know about kbs. (In Iowa we have dual credit courses. Advanced high school students can take college credit courses.) I'm looking forward to showing these students how fun and challenging kbs can be.

The rest of this weekend will probably look like this:

Stuck inside looking out!

The wind has died down for awhile, but it is supposed to kick into high later. No travel. Good thing all my shopping is done! Have a great weekend!

No comments: