Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why Not?

I put in an impromptu training session today. I thought, why not? It was a snowy, icy, rainy, crappy day. School was two hours late. I just about had a ditch sandwich on my way to work (even with my truck in 4-wheel drive, what gives?!?). I didn't get nearly enough papers graded, soooooooooooooooo

I figured I might as well end my day on a positive note.

Off to the TKD room at the gym. 20 kg and 16 kg bells Ready. Set. SWING!!!

I did 5 sets of 1:00 swing, :30 rest w/ the 20 kg (44 lbs)
Then 10 sets of 1:00 swing, :30 rest w/ 16 kg (35 lbs)
Then 1 set of 1:00 swing w/ 20 kg

I did 40 swings/minute of work (give or take). Some were two-handed, some were one-handed. All-in-all I got in approximately 640 swings in 24 minutes. I have the blisters to prove it! All that was an awesome workout for my grip, especially if I'm going to press the 20 kg by Christmas!

After that, I did my R-Phase. All I have to say about that is

AHHHHHHHHHHHH That is some good stuff. Z Health never gets old.

Well, here's to a better day tomorrow!

No comments: