Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Light Bulb Came On

or How I Figured Out Why I Couldn't Complete My Strength Training Thursday.

My son came home sick yesterday. Feverish, sore throat, and weak. Weak. WEAK! Hey, that's how I've been feeling. I had chills yesterday and felt weak. Thursday I couldn't do any push presses or military presses. I was quite concerned about my loss of strength.

Yesterday I made it through all four rounds of my circuit, but I REALLY had to push myself to do it. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. At one point I sat down and just held my head in my hands. Why did I feel so weak?

When I got home to a sick boy, the light bulb came on. I tuned in to my body. How was I feeling? I had the chills, I was tired, and I just felt drained. Ding, Ding, Ding!!!! Amy gets the award for blonde moment of the week!

It's been sooooooo long since I've been sick that I didn't even recognize it. No one in my family had as much as a sniffle all last year. No sick days from work for Jerry or me, and no sick days from school for either kid.

Our family's healthy lifestyle really pays off. Today I have a slight headache and I'm tired, but I'm up and functioning. I won't be doing any training, but I went through all of my daughter's clothes to determine what fits and what doesn't already this morning. Last night I went through all of mine. I weigh 20 lbs. less this fall as compared to last fall, so none of my clothes fit. That's a shame!

Guess what I'm doing this afternoon? Banana Republic, here I come!

No comments: