Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday's Training

After a crazy busy week, I was unsure how my body would respond to training. My CNS is tapped for sure. I went in with an open mind and a willingness to test and act. I can't overthink my training. I just need to do it.

I tested my goal movements with the toe touch - pullup, squats, deadlifts, presses, swings, and snatches. Pullup, DL, and swings tested well.

Tactical Pullups (palms away, no thumb grip, hands shoulder width)
-I used a jumpstretch band to aid me, so I'm unable to put down a weight amount. I would guesstimate I moved about 3100 pounds if I pulled 100 pounds per rep. That's probably a bit conservative
-31 reps in 10 minutes

Deadlift - 135 lbs. (bar and plates)
-35 reps = 4725 lbs. moved
-I didn't time these. I just went until my ROM tested poorly. My guess is it took me 12 minutes or so.
-I haven't done a lot of bar DLs, so I have many, many reps ahead of me to find my optimal grip and stance as well as set up. So while this doesn't look like much for weight, it is a big step for me.

Swings - 28 kg (62 lbs)
-205 reps in 10 minutes = 12,710 pounds
-On Wednesday I completed 170 reps in 10 minutes. What's that? Did someone say PR? And this was on a day I was feel a bit blah about training. Crazy!!

So today I moved over 20,500 lbs. Not too shabby.

No comments: