Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Still Testing

Today I decided to use a lateral arm raise for my testing rather than the toe touch. It's a bit tricky to determine if my reach is better using the toe touch when I hit palms flat to the floor. The lateral arm raise gave me better feedback, meaning there was a noticeable difference between my baseline and drills that tested well and drills that tested poorly.

Sumo deadlifts tested the best, followed by inchworms, and presses.

Sumo Deadlift - 48 kgs (106 lbs.) - 10 minutes
88 reps = 9328 lbs.
-On Monday I pulled 5805 lbs. in 10 minutes doing regular DL with a bar. Another improvement I noticed was that today I went 10 reps before I sensed a change. All of my sets were sets of 10, except for one set of 8.

Inchworms - 4 sets of 20 yard lengths
-I only did four sets because my ROM wasn't coming back after a couple minutes.

I retested presses and realized I was done. So I did some pinch grip work to finish.

Pinch Plate Curls - 10 lbs.
Dbl Plate Pinch Lift - two 10 lb. plates

No comments: