Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Still Deadlift

I tested squats, snatches, swings, deadlifts, presses, and cleans. The deadlift and cleans tested best. I then tested regular deadlift and sumo. Sumo tested better.

Sumo Deadlift - 155 lbs.
34 reps = 5270 lbs.
-I added 20 lbs. to my deadlift. Last Monday I pulled 135 lbs. 43 times. I'm happy with the increased weight. I'm hoping 155 lbs. will feel as easy as 135 lb by next week.

After deadlifting, I retested between cleans and presses. I thought presses might test better after the deadlifting. Wrong. My body wanted to do cleans. So, I tested single and double cleans. Doubles tested better.

Double Cleans - 16 kgs = 70 lbs.
150 reps = 10,500 lbs.
-I really worked on keeping my neck relaxed. That meant keeping my spine in neutral position. It's amazing how much easier the reps are when I do this. I need to keep this in mind every time I work presses as well. (or most drills for that matter)

2 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

Excellent work!!!!
Gotta love the deadlift, but respect your body

Rock on
Mike T Nelson PhD(c)

Amy Jurrens said...

Mike,
Thanks for checking in.

I keep testing the DL thinking it will test poorly one of these days, but it doesn't. It has tested best nearly every training session. Crazy!