Monday, February 1, 2010

Somebody Stop Me! Not Really

My training is really on a roll. When I compare last Monday's training to today's, it is a little overwhelming to realize how much more weight I'm moving around with ease (relatively). I've never made progress this fast.

Circuit - 8 Rounds
Dbl Cleans - two 16 kgs - 8 reps
Dbl Clean & Press - two 12 kgs - 6 reps
Dbl Squat - two 12 kgs - 5 reps
20 seconds rest between drills and rounds
RPE - 8
-My cleans and C & P tested well, so I did those as scheduled. The squats tested better with a narrow stance, so that's what I did.
-Last week I did this same circuit for 6 rounds. When I saw that Brad wanted me to do 8 rounds, I was skeptical. When I got going, each round got better.

I finished with a little snatching - 160 reps in 10 minutes is all.

Snatches - 16 kg - 10 x 8 L, R
Rest 30 seconds between sets
RPE - 8
-Last week I did 15 rounds of 12 L, R w/ the 12 kg bell. It's hard to compare the two sessions. However, the 12 kg bells have a tendency to cause more problems with my hands. I think it's because the handle isn't as thick as on the 16 kg and I end up gripping more with my hand than with my fingers.

No comments: