Saturday, April 4, 2009

Friday's Training

Ended the week with military press, suitcase deadlifts, and pull-ups. Here's how it went.

Military Press - 16 kg - 4 x 1, 2, 3 L, R
-Right side is swell. PRE - 5
-Left side is coming along. PRE - 7. I still had to put in a little push when I'd get to the 3rd rep. I even broke down and got out the 12 kg and did 5 of those to groove the correct movement. I don't want to practice bad movement.

Suitcase Deadlifts - 100 lbs. - 5 x 1
-Right side is swell. PRE - 6
-Left side grip is still weak. I will say it's better than last week. PRE - 7

Pull-ups
1 black, 2 purple, 1 black, 2 purple, 3 purple
-Until I'm strong enough to do these with the black band consistently, I want to make sure I groove the proper movement. That's why I switched to the purple band. I'm actually quite please with my progress on the pull-up. I'm closer than I ever imagined I could be.

My weekend has begun, so I'll enjoy the rest. I'm sad that I can't be in Minneapolis/St. Paul watching the Tactical Strength Challenge at Brad's gym. I will just have to wait for the results to be posted. Next year, I'm there baby!!

No comments: