Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday's Training: Check!

Since I had today off, I got my training in this morning. I packed up my oven mitts and hit the road.

Bent Press - 24 kg (53 lbs.) - 5 x 3 L, R
-ROAR!!! I knocked those bad boys out with strength and confidence. I'm wishing I were a Marine so I could let out a hoo-rah. (Alas, my eyes were too bad for the military or I actually would have gone into the air force.)
-My left trap is pretty knotted up, so I had to skip the long push presses. Brad - you told me to tell you when the traps started getting beat up. They're beat up.

Pull-ups - Black Band - 2 x 2 and then 3 x 1
-These went well considering my lats were fried from the bent presses.
-I have about 2 inches I need to pull through on the top to truly master the black band.

Oven Mitt Swings - 16 kg - 4 x 10 L, R
-That was definitely a grip workout. It was fun, though, and I got strange looks from people at the gym. I love it when I can make people shake their heads!

Now I need to do some grading, grab a shower, and get ready for a meeting tonight. My work here is done.

2 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

You did oven mitt swings at the gym, hahahaha!!! I freaking love it.

Unknown said...

5x3 bent press with 24k..... not long ago I seen you do your first. Awesome work !