Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Blizzard of Training

So far in the new year, I've been at my job for 4 hours. (To be fair, Wednesday was my first day back after Christmas break.) The college closed at noon Wednesday and is closed today. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to work. Oh well, I'm getting a lot accomplished at home. That includes my training, biofeedback, and Zscription.

Unfortunately, I've also got a sinus infection that is giving me the mopes. Think basset hound eyes and droopy ears. That's how I feel. What did I do about it? Train, of course!

Mini Circuit #1 - 8 Rounds
Mountain Climbers - 60 reps
Swings - 24 kg (53 lbs) - 20 reps
20 seconds rest
RPE - 5
-Obviously this circuit was good for me since I did 8 rounds even though I was only scheduled for 5.

Mini Circuit #2 - 5 Rounds
Burpees - 15 reps
High Pulls - 12kg (26 lbs) - 12 L, R
20 seconds rest
RPE - 6

TGUs - 16 kg (35 lbs) - 5 x 3 L, R
RPE - 7
-These took me a little longer than usual. My hips were "jacking up" a bit by the third rep. I did Z between sets which helped. Now I'm sitting here with twitchy hips. That's about the only way I know how to describe what's going on when a joint is jacked. I have a sensation of twitchiness inside the joint. It doesn't hurt; it just feels like butterflies fluttering. Weird, huh?

No comments: