Friday, July 23, 2010

Just Plain Tired

My little town was flooded Wednesday night when we had over 10 inches of rain in 3 hours. What a mess. Of course it happened during the middle of the night, so no one got any sleep.

Surrounding towns also received a lot of rain in a short time. As a result, two of our funeral homes had significant water in the basements. We spent all day Thursday cleaning up water in the funeral homes.

I've concluded wet vacs don't have long enough tubes. I was hunched over all day. I think I'm going to buy an extra section of tube. I did PR in hours of wet vacuuming and number of gallons sucked up.

Today, we helped clean out my parents' storage building. It had 18+ inches of water that gushed through it. My Harley was in that building as well as my dad's 1930 Model A Ford. Yuck!

I PRed in hauling out wet family antiques, heirlooms, and junk. My dad's foot locker from military school was in there if that gives you an idea of what we dealt with. To make matters worse, it was about 90 degrees with about 90% humidity. Steamy.

My parents' basement is still a mess, but we can only do one thing at a time. My entire family is tired. I hope it doesn't rain anymore.

I have video links and pictures posted on facebook for anyone who's interested.

No comments: