Thursday, July 29, 2010

This Stuff Works!

Yesterday, I listened to my body's biofeedback and backed off, even though my heart didn't really want to. I used my head, examined the data, and acted wisely.

Today, I went into my training session with an open and clear mind. Testing movements went smoothly. I didn't overthink.

I did the movements my body wanted to do and felt amazing afterwards. When I feel better after training than I did before, I know I got it right. It's a crazy good feeling.

Kneeling Press - 12 kg - 8 minutes
Left - 34 reps
Right - 39 reps
I did more reps per set today than last time. Density PR

Squat - BW - 5 minutes
125 reps
-I focused on my movement pattern. I tried various widths and depths. Squats are a weak drill for me, so this was a great work session for me. Movement PR

Snatch - 12 kg - nonstop
220 reps in 9:30
-Last time I did nonstop snatches, I did 220 in 10 minutes. I took 30 seconds off today. Density PR

Headstands - Best session yet - time held, balance, position. I also practiced some rolling patterns. I always feel better after rolling around. It forces me to really key in to my body's position.

Tomorrow I'm golfing in a tournament and then heading to the lake for a week's vacation. I'm looking forward to some down time.

No comments: