I completed all of my training this week! The soreness went away by Thursday. Here's my Thursday and Friday training:
Windmills - 26 lb. KB / x5 l,r
Overhead Walking Lunge - 26 / x8 steps each leg
Renegade Rows - 26 / x6 l,r
Step Ups on bench - 26 / x12 l,r
High Pulls - 26 / x10 l,r
Plank hold on elbows -30 seconds
Did 1 set of each exercise each round / 1 minute between rounds
Did 5 rounds
Turkish Get Ups (TGUs) - 5 x 3 L, R w/ 26 lb KB
Swings - 1 hand 3x15 l,r w/ 44 lb. KB. Did 15 reps one hand / switch on the fly and did 15 reps the other hand (30 reps total) before setting it down. Rest 30 seconds. Repeat 3 sets.
Both days felt good. Both days I was apprehensive about being able to do the volume after having two weeks of light training. I surprised myself. Here are the things I feel best about:
1. Completing all of the TGUs on Friday. That was the first time I was able to do all 30.
2. Easily completing the swings with the 44 lb. KB. When I finished, I remarked "Is that all you got Brad?" I love swinging that big bell.
3. Increasing my reach on windmills. I noticed that I have a great range of motion on windmills. I am flat-handed on the floor even when I reach behind the leveraging leg. Being 5'11" I feel like I'm pretty flexible.
4. I have managed my shoulder/neck pain. After the marathon snatch session on Monday, I developed my nagging neck knot again. Instead of getting upset, I did my Z. Today I can report the pain has been gone for two days.
5. I'm figuring out that I have a serious hip imbalance and eye issue. I need to talk to Brad about these. It's weird how I can now pinpoint for myself where my movement issues are. I love that I am so in tune with my body.
6. The scale moved!! I tried on a pair of size 8 pants, and they fit! I haven't been that size since high school. It's motivating and scary all at the same time. I want to lose that final bodyfat, but I don't want to spend the $ on new clothes AGAIN. Oh well! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!
All in all, a great week of training and learning about myself.