Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuesday's "Training"

I use the term "Training" lightly. I'm feeling overtrained and in need of a break. I came to that conclusion Monday evening. Here are the signs:

1. I'm extremely tired. All I want to do is sleep.
2. I'm irritable. Nuff said.
3. I feel weak.
4. I have no motivation to tear into my training schedule.

So, Tuesday I decided to just have some fun with my training. I threw out Brad's plan and just did what I felt I needed to do. I know I have a major weak area and I wanted to devote some time to it. That weak area?

Turkish Get-Ups

Here's my issue with the beloved TGU. I have been doing them with a squat stand up instead of a lunge stand up. I'm pretty flexible and this position felt the best to me. As I result, my lunging power has suffered. I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Brad has prescribed a lot of GTG with lunges, but I have been a bad Jedi and not followed Yoda teachings. "Pay the price am I." (That is Yoda speak.) So I spent some time GTG with the 12 kg and I did 3 x 3 L,R TGUs.

After that I did some clean and press. My presses aren't as strong as I think they should be. Perhaps I expect too much, not sure. I did press the 16 kg 3 x 2. On the left, I could only get one rep. The second rep had to be helped up. Then I slowly lowered it. My goal is to press the 20 kg. Just keep pressing, pressing, pressing!

Wednesday (today) is an off day. I will cherish the rest and go to bed early.

No comments: