Monday, March 17, 2008

Time Well Spent

My two back off weeks were worth it. I approached my training today with renewed strength and a little bit of nervousness.

Nervousness?

Yes. Brad threw me right back into the training schedule I was doing before my back off. I didn't know how my body would react. Here's what went down:

Snatches w/ 36 lb. KB:

I was supposed to do 9L, 9R on the top of the minute for 10 minutes. I thought that might be a bit too ambitious, so I did the following.

9L, 9R one minute 7 L, 7R one minute for 10 minutes

That means I did 160 snatches in 10 minutes and moved 5760 lbs. of cast iron.

After that I did three rounds of

TGUs - 3 L, 3R w/26 lb. KB
Squats - 4 L, 4R w/ 36 lb. KB
Clean & Press - 7 L, 7R w/ 26 lb. KB

It took me awhile, but I did everything. I felt stronger than ever; I just needed a little extra time between drills to recover. Driving home I felt amazing. I did it! After two weeks of very little training, I made strength gains. I don't feel drained; I feel energized.

Sunday night I did a nice long session of R-Phase Z Health. I was nauseous for 45 minutes afterward. I will do Brad's Rx tonight and see if I'm any better. I hope so!

On a side note, we named the puppy - Penelope/Penny. Lauren will call her Princess Penny and dress her up in princess gowns. Go figure!

No comments: