Friday, May 23, 2008

Can You Say "Ouch!"

Thursday's training is sticking with me. I could feel it when I woke up. Here's what I did:

Swings - VO2 Max 15:15 - 16 kg 10 L, R for 20 minutes
Lunge 45, Rotate and Press - 12 kg - 5x4 L, R
Pullup Negatives - 3 x 2
Pistols - Bodyweight - 3 x 2 L, R

The VO2 Max swings were great. They get my blood pumping! The lunge, rotate and press is a killer. It's amazing how much more difficult it is to press the 12 kg when your body is twisted. Try it sometime!

The pullup negatives were challenging, but rewarding. I don't have a bar at home, but I do have rings hanging from the floor joist in the basement. (Don't ask.) So I used the rings. I found that using the hardstyle method of generating tension really allowed me to hold myself up for a long period of time, well, long for me. :-)

Pistols, what can I say about those? I don't know if I'm the right bodytype for those things. I felt incredibly awkward and weak. Going down went fine. I have an iron rod I hang onto. Getting back up, not so good. I think I used my upper body to pull me up. Brad - you're going to have to help me out on those bad boys!

Today's training looks challenging. Lots of presses, squats, pushups, burpees, and high pulls. I'm going to have to earn my weekend rest for sure!

No comments: