Friday, May 30, 2008

VO2 Max Thursday

Went extremely well. I did a 15:15 of swings, 10 Left, 10 Right for 25 minutes using the 16 kg (35 pound) kettlebell.

After that I did pullup negatives - 4 x 2
Then I did pistols - 4 x 2 Left, Right

This time I did the pistols while standing on a bench so my nonworking leg could go down and out. I want to find a groove to grease and nothing felt comfortable on the floor. I hope these soon become as natural to me as snatches. I remember when I felt I would never get the snatch form down. I just need to give it time.

I've been thinking a lot about how far I've come over the past year. What a year of change I've had. It's been tough getting used to a new me, yet somehow I'm starting to feel comfortable in my skin. Sure, there are a few more things I want to work on for vanity's sake (the saddlebags and the area on my arms above the elbow - still holding that mommy weight!) However, all-in-all, I'd say I've created a lot of positive change in my life.

The sun is finally peeking out. I'm planning on a trek on my Harley this weekend. Finally!!!

No comments: