Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hey Kate Monster!!

My friend Kate is a triathlete. She's in Florida preparing for the Disney 70.3 on Sunday. She's definitely been on my mind. I know this because last night, I dreamt that I did a 70.3 race!! OMG! It was so realistic. I have no idea where I got the bike, but I was all tricked out. My time was pretty kick butt as well - 4:36:52. I remember that distinctly because it was on my race watch. I was so proud, and Kate was at the finish line jumping up and down like a kid. I remember thinking in my dream, "Wow! All I did to prepare was kettlebell drills. I haven't swam more than 25 meters in years. Those kettlebells are the bomb!"

Kate, if you finish your race in 4:36:52 I will die!!! I will be tracking your Happy A$$ on Sunday. Enjoy the Pain!!
Yes, this is me at Ironman Arizona in April 2007. The racers loved Pavel's signature phrase. It made them smile on the grueling bike course (hot and super windy).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woman!!!! If I race that time, I am turning pro, ha! Loved you post! I am recovering for the same sickies so we will see what race day brings. Wish u were here!!

Hey, how nice is that Jer-bear?! What a great gift!!

K.Newgard said...

AMY, THIS IS GOOD STUFF. MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL BE DOING KETTLE BELLS WORKOUTS!!!

Anonymous said...

Excuse, that I interrupt you, but it is necessary for me little bit more information.