Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, Monday

What can I say about Monday? The day did not go at all like I planned. But that's okay. My day was productive and I feel ready to call it a night.

I didn't even do my planned training. I feel lucky that I was able to train at all since I was looking for every excuse NOT to. I almost convinced myself that I should take more time off from training. Then I kicked myself in the rear end, drove to the gym, put on my new tunes (Sugarland's "Love on the Inside") and got down (literally).

Instead of the planned 20 minute snatch EDT, I did my fun circuit of mountain climbers, walking lunges, curls, tricep extensions, bear crawls, and crab walks. Before the circuit, I tried my hand at pressing the 16 kg (35 lb) bell. No problem on the right. That puppy went right up. The left needed a little push press, but I did a very slow negative. I did 10 each side. Oh, yeah baby! I was pumped after that.

In my previous post I said I was hoping to go waterskiing this weekend. Well, that didn't happen. Why? The bleepin wind! Who can ski with three foot swells? Seriously! The boat didn't even get out of the lift. Conner had a good time on his boogey board though!

Lauren was a beach bunny as usual. Check out the attitude with the shades. I'm really going to have trouble with her when she gets older.


Yes, she really is as skinny as she looks. She's worn the same swimsuits for three summers. Get a fat cell kid! To top it off, she LOVES vegetables. What kind of mutant child is this?? At least she'll stay thin if she keeps eating the veggies as she grows.

No comments: