Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shifting

I'm ready to shift out of neutral. All summer I've been coasting.
1. Coasting on a lot of my training - skipping days, skipping drills
2. Coasting on my nutrition - eating a good breakfast (Advocare shake), an excellent lunch (veggies and eggs), and an acceptable dinner (buffalo, grass-fed beef, salmon, chicken on the grill + a veggie or two) but then having ice cream or chocolate or a whiskey and water. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either. Neutral.

3. Coasting on promoting myself as an RKC - I've just been too consumed with other roles I play to add one more (trainer) to the list.

Maybe "coasting" is not the most accurate term to describe my behaviors. Perhaps "resting" or "transitioning" are better terms. Perhaps I shouldn't spin everything in my life to the negative. I am who I am. Sometimes I need to back off, ponder, rejuvenate, then rejoin. Shift.

Monday marks my official shifting of gears. Back to work. New training regimen. Focused nutrition. Determination.
Vroom! Vroom!

No comments: