Monday, October 27, 2008

Soup Du Jour

Monday = EDT

Last Monday I did 90 pushups and 152 tricep dips in 17 minutes.
This Monday, 100 pushups and 165 tricep dips.
Amazed myself.

Why?

Because I'm extremely dehydrated and haven't been able to eat much today. After the EDT, I called it good. I'm hoping to get in my high pull descending ladder and the squat/one-legged deadlifts tomorrow. All I can do is all I can do.

My body is rebelling from wedding cake, M&Ms, Templeton Rye, and bread. Too much sugar. I had more sugar this weekend than I usually take in over the course of a couple weeks. Yuck! I just never learn. Everytime I eat this kind of crap, my digestive system gets even with me. It is a mystery to me how I ever functioned eating all the simple carbs. Makes me appreciate all my veggies.

I made veggie soup yesterday. Good move. I call it my "Faux Cream of Broccoli." It is made with chicken stock, broccoli, cauliflower, summer squash, onion, and garlic. I smash it all up with a hand blender when the veggies are tender. It tastes like a creamy soup without the cream. I have Tracy Reifkind to thank for the soup ideas. She is the soup queen!!

Well, look at that. I've managed to ramble on for quite a bit. I'll put this issue to bed, along with myself.

No comments: