Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gaining Left and Right

I ended my week strong: I continue to see strength gains from week to week. It's so addicting!

Military Press - 16 kg (35 lbs) - 3 x 1, 2, 3 L, R
-On the right, I can do these ladders with confidence. PRE - 6
-On the left, I can do the singles with confidence. When I get to 2 and 3 reps, I need to clean the bell first. Then on the 3rd rep, I need to do a push press. PRE - 8
-It's frustrating; HOWEVER, it is so much better than it ever has been. I know those heavy TGUs are making a difference.
-I feel I'm ready to tackle pressing the 20 kg (44 lbs) bell on the right.

Suitcase Deadlifts - 100 lbs. (45 lb bar + 55 lbs. of plates)
-6 x 1 L, R
-On the right, these go right up. Love em!
-On the left, the first four went right up. The last two, my grip gave out. Grrrrrrr!
PRE-8

Pull-ups - Purple Band - 3 x 2
-Okay, Brad. You said use the black band. That won't be happening for awhile. I had a hard time with the purple. The toughest part was the last 4 inches. I couldn't get my chin past the bar. I will, though. You should see my lats. They are getting bigger and stronger! If I drop 10 more lbs of bodyweight, I'll have an easier time pulling my 5'11" frame up. This is the only time in my life I wish I were shorter! lol

I'm looking forward to a weekend of relaxing. I need to get a few groceries at the organic market and I'll be set. Happy weekend!!

1 comment:

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

You're making nice progress aren't you Amy?