Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Muscle Mania

Forgive my title. It's been a long time since I've written any poetry and I wanted to throw in a little alliteration. (Say that 10 times fast.)

My training did require lots of muscle. I had to keep reciting "Be Here Now" to stay focused.

Bent Press - 20 kg - 6 x 1 L, R
-On the right, these were pretty easy schmeazy, lemon squeezy. PRE - 5
-On the left, these were easier than last week. PRE - 7
-For those of you (Michelle) who don't convert kilograms to pounds, 20 kg = 44 lbs. 16 kg = 35 lbs. 12 kg = 26 pounds. My kettlebells come in 4 kg increments. Each 4 kg increment = 9 lbs. (approximately) Sorry I don't always put the pound equivalents down. I forget that not all of you folks reading use kettlebells. I'll try to be better about that from now on. A faithful reader filled me in recently, and I thank her for that!
Look, a blimp!

Long Push Press - 20 kg - 5 x 3 L, R
-My left knee did not like these today. I alternated between long push presses and regular push presses. PRE - 7

Pull-ups - Green Band - 4 x 6
-I only let myself rest a minute between sets. That helped make the sets more challenging. I really need my new bands, but they are still not here. It's been two weeks for crying out loud. If anyone out there works at Jumpstretch, will you see if something happened to my order? Thank you.
PRE - 6

Suitcase Deadlifts - 95 lbs. - 5 x 1 L, R
-After two weeks of 85 lbs, the 10 lb. move up was in order. 95 lbs. is a good weight this week. It was a challenge but doable.
-I found that my left grip threshhold is 95 lbs. I almost dropped the bar on the first set. Yikes! Then I focused on grabbing onto that bar for dear life. PRE - 8


I kept my focus thanks to Adam and Brad. Adam tells me "Be Here Now" and Brad requested my measurements this weekend. Eeeeeek! Gotta keep my sights focused on my goals.

No comments: