Friday, February 27, 2009

Finishing Strong

I finished the week strong, which is a great confidence boost. I'm really looking forward to Monday to see what I can accomplish. I will take the weekend to rest up and then watch out! I'm feeling a goal being accomplished.


Today was military press, deadlifts, and pullups.


Military Press - 16 kg (35 lbs.) - 3 x 1, 2, 3
-Right side was easy up. Strict MP, good tension. HARDSTYLE!
-Left side was easy up on rung 1. I had to clean and press the 2s and 3s. BUT, that is a definite improvement since last week when I had to put a little push into my press.


Suitcase Deadlift - 100 lbs. - 5 x 1 L, R
-Okay, weird experience today with these. The LEFT was easier than the right. Huh? My right grip was weak today. Huh? My left grip was rock solid. Go figure. It must be all in my head. Good grief; I'm a headcase!


Pullups - Purple Band - 3 x 2
-In between sets I did "arm shorteners" to imprint that lat fire.
-The pullups were easier than they were on Monday. That's a boost for me. I feel that I will actually be able to do a pullup in my lifetime. Hopefully while I'm still in my 30s! How cool would it be to go into my 40s able to do pullups. I think my daughter would think I'm a rock star. I soooooo have to accomplish this!


I can hardly believe it, but I have nothing planned for the weekend. The weather is iffy (could snow a bunch), so I'll just sit tight and see what each day brings. It'll be nice to let my brain relax along with my body.

No comments: