Saturday, March 19, 2011

Biofeedback Rocks My World

On Friday, I went to the gym after work. I was dog tired after running all week long. I really thought that once I got changed and started testing movements, I would perk up. Boy was I wrong! I tested a dozen different movements only to find they each tested worse than baseline. I packed up and went home. I didn't give it another thought. That's the beauty of biofeedback. I don't need to worry. All I need to do is gather the data and act appropriately.

Today I found out how appropriate that action was yesterday. I went back to the gym after a good night's sleep and a lazy morning. I put together a circuit of heavy swings and bodyweight drills that got me going. I rocked my own world today!

Circuit - 5 Rounds - 26 minutes

1. Swings - 150 lbs.
225 reps = 33,750 lbs.
-I did 15 swings between each of the bodyweight drills.

2. Squat Jumps
75 reps (15 per round)

3. Rotating One Leg Pushups
40 reps (8 per round)

4. Side Burpees
50 reps (10 per round)

This was fun! It confirmed that if my body isn't ready, there is no sense pushing myself. If I had forced myself to train yesterday, I probably wouldn't have had such a good session today. I would wreck myself.

Now I'm in my favorite state again - the state of being present!

No comments: