Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Teacher Becomes the Student

Today I let my "students" put together my training. My bootcamp gang has been going great guns in 2011 - two of them have lost 30+ lbs. each since mid-January. They get together on Sundays, so I joined them today. They really like to do animals, so we did a swing / animal circuit.

It was fun for me to see the gang in charge of their own training. They have taken what they've learned and applied it to their gym movements. It's also fun to see them questioning, testing, and using data to make decisions. Rarely do teachers get to see how their students apply their skills after they leave the classroom. It's pretty gratifying.

Here's what we did in the gym today. Thanks to Ben for his killer circuit idea!

Circuit - 4 Rounds - 28 min.

1. Swings - 150 lbs.
One set between each animal drill
240 reps total = 36,000 lbs.

2. Frog Jumps - 40 yards

3. Bunny Hops - 40 yards

4. Bear Crawl - 40 yards

5. Kangaroo Jumps

That's all I had time for, but it was a great workout. I feel great! Can't wait for next Sunday when we get together again.

No comments: