Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Favorite State

I didn't have a chance to log my training from Tuesday. (Yes, you heard that right. Tuesday. I trained three days in a row.) Here it is Wednesday night, and I'm just getting to it. That's okay.

My week is pretty busy with my play rehearsals, work, school board meetings, kids' activities, etc. but I don't even mind. I'm in my favorite state - the state of being present.

What's that you ask? It's not worrying about what I have to do or what I've done. It means living in this moment and taking it in for what it is. It also means doing the best I can at this moment.

When I live in the state of being present, I'm unanxious (is that a word?). My body doesn't hum with anxiety. I take in my surroundings and breathe. In essence, I'm me.

Being in that state gives me all kinds of advantages. Namely, I am more productive in every aspect of my life. Here's an example: my training.

Tuesday's Circuit - 8 Rounds - 25 minutes

1. Rotating One-Leg Pushups
52 reps

2. Reverse Lunge to High Kick
80 reps each leg

3. Slalom Jumps
400 reps (800 jumps in all)

I had a Movement PR in all three drills. I was quicker and/or more balanced on every drill. Movement PRs are almost more exciting for me than intensity PRs. Why that is deserves a post of its own.

No comments: