Monday, June 16, 2008

Fish and EDT

Here's a pic of all of the fish we caught Friday.

The last time any of us had gone fishing was with Jerry's dad six years ago. Father, son, grandson and me ventured out on the Missouri River to catch some walleye. I only caught some photos of the boys bonding over bait and tackle. Little did I know those would be the last pictures I would take of my dear, sweet father-in-law. He died the next day on the way back to the river, pulling his boat. He died instantly of a heart attack. I'm sure he was watching us Friday from heaven smiling ear to ear!

Topic Change:
I have started a new training regimine - EDT - aka Escalating Density Training. Here's what I got to do today.

15 minutes - complete as many rounds of five of the following as possible:
Double Swings - 12 kgs
Squats - 20 kg
I completed 19 rounds. That equals 95 double swings and 95 squats.


15 minutes - complete as many rounds of five of the following as possible:
Clean and Press Left - 12 kg
Clean and Press Right - 12 kg
I completed 10 rounds. That equals 100 presses.

This was a nice change of pace to my training. I'll be focusing on swings for two weeks; then I'll focus on snatches; then I'll focus on high pulls.

I'm getting serious about losing the last of the mommy trademarks.

BTW - my copy of David Whitley's newest video "Full Body Power" arrived today. I can't wait to watch that baby!

No comments: