Monday, October 26, 2009

That's More Like It

I finally felt like I had a strong training session. It's been a few weeks. I feel like all I've done is whine the past few weeks about my back and my eye. Pity party is O-V-E-R.

Two drills today. Two killer sessions.

Double KB Snatches - 16 kg bells (35 lbs. each) - 8 x 3
-For the first three sets, I did any extra swing between reps. Then, for the last 5 sets, I did the three reps without an extra swing.
-I felt so great when I finished. Then I stepped back and reflected on what I had just done. I snatched 70 pounds of cast iron 24 times. I can't even believe that this is me doing these things. Holy crap! I snatched 70 pounds of kettlebell. Blows my mind. So someone tell me why I can't do a pullup. Seriously.

Viking Push Presses - 12 kg bells (26 lbs. each) - 10 x 10
-If I were a marine, I would shout hoo rah. Good times.

I hope today is a sign of what's to come with my other training sessions this week. Now, I just need to avoid the H1N1.

No comments: