Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another Great Beatdown

Thanks Brad! I'm feeling every muscle today. Here's what Brad served up for me yesterday.

Mini-circuit:
Goblet Squats - 24 kg (53 lb) - 10 reps
Ring Pullup Negatives - 4 reps
5 times through
-I remember when I couldn't even do one goblet squat with the 24 kg. Now I'm cranking out 10 at a time.
-The negs were definitely a challenge. By the fourth rep I was shaking. I'm still shaking today.
RPE - 9

Waiter Plate Press - 25 lb. plate - 5 x 4
-Brad actually had 5 x 3 on my menu, but I did 4 instead. Three wasn't challenging enough.
RPE - 7

After that I held the last session of my September beginners class. I had 10 gals in that class ranging from age 20 to 60. I was so pleased with their progress. Watching them swing really was a thing of beauty. I can see all of their potential to increase their strength and endurance. I hope they continue down the path they started on. Ladies - I'm here if you need a little kick in the rear or if you have questions.

Then I went to beat up my boot camp boys for one last time this month. They did the evil deck of cards - swings, snatches, clean and press, and goblet squats. They did the entire deck. Even Scott was all benny (code word for "sweaty" since Sweaty Ben sweats buckets.) They had to move around to find drive spots on the floor so they wouldn't slip. Yeah, that's sweaty. Thanks for all the laughs over the past several months. Once our schedules settle down, we'll get back after it. Don't you dare quit your kb training or I'll have to hunt you down and make you "assume the position" or do "sugar snatches." Jerks! Those are great too!!

Okay, I better grade something. (I'm an English prof by day.) Hope it is sunny wherever you are. It's gloomy and rainy here in Iowa.

No comments: