Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'd Like to Thank the Movement

And my fellow Gym Movement practitioners as well as myself for the fantabulous day I had today. I feel as if I've won an award; only this one really means something. It means I'm improving. Plus, I have physical proof. Check out my training log from today. Then I'll tell you all a little story.

Circuit - 11 Rounds - 20 min. - 41,250 lbs.

Swings - 170 lbs. - Intensity PR
165 reps = 28,050 lbs.

Inverted Rows - TRX - Speed PR
132 reps = 13,200 lbs.

Did you see my swing weight? 170 lbs. I did sets of 15. It was easy. Seriously. If I hadn't experienced it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it. It is almost surreal to hit these milestones so quickly.

It's partially because I've been dealing with some health issues for the past year that have flared up in the past couple months. I've been in pain. I've also been experimenting with how to eliminate the pain. Today, I feel like I've truly found my way. When I look back over the past two months, I can see the path I took. While I was on the path, I couldn't see it. I just did what tested better and didn't do what tested worse. Simple.

There have been days I wanted to crawl into bed and not get out. Instead I went to the gym; I ate or didn't eat based on feedback; I read books to move my brain in another direction. I wrote. I made music. It all worked to make me better.

Today feels like the payday. Swinging 170 lbs. was easy. My state soared. I feel invincible. This is a day I want to remember because I want to experience more days like this. I know I will. And, I will experience days that are even better than today.

So, I'd like to thank The Movement for allowing me to be my own architect in building my life.

Who else but me can build a better me?

No comments: