Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Pick Things Up and Put Them Down

Oh, and I swing things, too.














Thank goodness I don't look like the Planet Fitness guy! I do love that commercial, though.

I barely broke a sweat today even though I moved nearly 40,000 lbs.

Circuit - 23 min. - 6 Rounds - 39,776 lbs.

1 Arm Rows - 12 kg
Left - 88 reps, Right - 88 reps
5476 lbs.

Swings - 160 lbs.
220 reps = 35,200 lbs.
Density and Volume PR - I did sets of 20 reps. Sunday I did sets of 17. I might be ready to add more weight. I'll be swinging 200 lbs. soon.

I'll close out my post with a picture of Adam Glass pulling 527 lbs. on the Plateau Buster, the magnificent device made by Ryan Pitts of Stronger Grip that allows me to swing a lot of weight. (I don't have any pics of me with my Plateau Buster. Might need to change that.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

160 lb swings. How high is the swing? How is your grip as reps mount?

Amy Jurrens said...

I'd say the swing is hip level. Grip is definitely the issue when swinging a heavy amount. In this case, more than my body weight. I started with sets of 10 and quickly moved up to 15. Just Sunday I did sets of 17 and then today I did sets of 20.

I love swinging heavy weight and it's been testing well, so I've been going with it. My grip has developed very quickly, faster than with anything else I've done.

Unknown said...

Awesome, Amy!