Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspiration

Thanks to the inspiration from my friend Tera, I did several fun body weight drills today in my training. I needed some new ideas, so her inspiration came at the perfect time. I wish Tera and I lived closer so we could train together and keep watch over each other. We are kindred spirits!

I put together a short circuit today using some of Tera's suggestions. I was pleased with how the workout turned out.

Circuit - 5 Rounds - 17 min. 30 secs

1. Pike Jumps to Frog Jumps - 50 reps total
2. TRX Pushups - 50 reps total
3. Lunge to High Kick - 35 reps each leg
4. Swings - 200 lbs. - 50 reps total

That was pretty fun and got my heart going. I'm going to be trying out some more new body weight drills in the weeks ahead.

I didn't post my swing session from Tuesday. I did 110 swings at 200 lbs. in 10 minutes. Just a quick heart pounder!

No comments: