Sunday, May 10, 2009

Friday's Training.

Oops. The days got away from me and I didn't get Friday's training posted. Good thing I keep a training journal so I can go back and see how things went.

I was super tired on Friday. The stressors of the week were getting to me. I didn't have high expectations going in, but I wanted to make the session worthwhile.

Bent Press - 24 kg - 4 x 2 L, R
-No complaints. These went very well.
RPE - 7

Suitcase Deadlift - 90 lbs. - 3 x 3 L, R
-Wow, these are progressing much better now that my grip has caught up. I did three reps in succession. I felt strong.
RPE - 7

Pullup - Black Band - 3 x 2
-Okay, I think I had used up my allotted strength by the time I got to these. I was disappointed that I couldn't get the final 2 inches. I just hung there, stuck.
-Well, there's always next week!
RPF - 10 (Rate of Perceived Frustration)

Snatch - 20 kg (44 lb) - 5 x 5 L, R
-I had one minute to rest between rounds.
-I remember when the 16 kg bell felt like this. It's funny how you make gains and don't even realize it. I should have kept a training journal from the get-go. Live and learn.
RPE - 7


I had a relaxing Mother's Day. No cooking, no laundry. Plus, I got a 2 hour nap. What a life! Here's a couple pics of my kids (Conner and Lauren) and my dog (Penny the boxer).

No comments: