Friday, May 15, 2009

Training Log - May 14

Hardcore training session. I am feeling it today!

Suitcase Deadlifts - 85 lbs. - 5 x 3 L, R
-My grip is holding tight. I'm very pleased.
RPE - 7

Bent Press - 24 kg (53 lbs.) - 7 x 1 L, R
-I did these pretty much nonstop. Left, right, 30 seconds rest. I really crushed the handle and pressed the bell as much as I could.
RPE - 6

Pullups - Black band - 3 x 2
-Sucked eggs.
-After my success with the ring pullups, I was extremely frustrated with these band pullups. Extremely. My sticky point is where my biceps are parallel to the ground. I can't pull through that point to get my elbows to my sides. I think I'm shrugging my shoulders. I need a trainer!! (to watch me and help me make adjustments, that is)
-I suppose I should cut myself a little slack since I had done heavy pulls and presses before the pullups.

Snatches - 10 x 8 L, R - 30 secs between sets
-Awesome heart pounding. It took me about 11 minutes to do this, which means I did the 16 reps per round in 35 seconds or so. Not bad, I guess.
RPE - 8

I've been a bad GTGer, Brad. It just wasn't on my radar this week with everything I had going on. Now that my semester is finished, I will be more diligent; I promise. :)

No comments: