Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday's Block

I'm on Block B this week. The previous two weeks have been Block A. Here's what I accomplished:

Goblet Squats - 20 kg (44 lbs) - 5 x 6
-My focus was on my movement. Press my knees open, my hips open, lengthening my spine. Ahhhhhh
RPE - 7

Windmills - 16 kg (35 lbs) - 5 x 5 L, R
-It's been awhile since I really trained the windmill. I've been demonstrating them. A lot. But not seriously working on them. They felt amazing.
RPE - 5

Clean & Press - 16 kg - 3 x 1, 2, 3 - Right arm
-I decided to take Marty Gallagher's advice and do my ladders entirely on my right side before even attempting to press on my left. I can't really put into words how it felt to do this, but suffice it to say, it definitely felt different. I felt lopsided, but in a good way. I'm weird, I know!
RPE - 7

Military Press - 12 kg - 4 x 6 - Left arm
-I want to imprint the proper motion and make sure I am keeping my lat engaged and my shoulder pulled down. No shrugging!!
RPE - 7

I also got out on the driving range and hit with all of my clubs, except my driver. (I didn't want to try driving for 300 yards and throw something out. ha!) It was a gorgeous day, finally. My swing was a bit rusty, but not bad for the first time out this season. I'll take it.

No comments: