Monday, May 4, 2009

No Afters Here

Okay, folks. I did it. I let Brad post my "before" and "after" pictures on his blog. http://bradrants.com/blog/woodbury-fitness-boot-camp-weight-loss-before-after-amy-jurrens/

For a woman, that is a scary, scary thing. I am pretty much a wreck today knowing that lots of people will be seeing me in a swimsuit. I am so outside my comfort zone right now.

Don't get me wrong. I am extremely proud of the changes I've made. As I say in my interview with Brad, the changes on the outside are mere reflections of the changes on the inside. Having more confidence in my appearance is a wonderful feeling; however, the best feeling is knowing I made a commitment to myself. Even though I don't do everything I know I should do, I work hard, I don't dwell on slip ups, and I keep pushing myself.

Yes, there is an "after" photo of me on Brad Rants, but I like to think of it as a check point. How am I doing at this point? I'm certainly not finished with anything. "After" implies that the work is done. Afterall, I attained the "after." There's no more to do, right? Wrong!!

I am still on a journey. I am still discovering all of my potential. This week starts a whole new round of training. I have much to do on my journey. I'll enjoy every minute!!

Okay, back off week is over. Time to hit it hard!!

4 comments:

John Roberts said...

Amy, Nice job on the interview and contrast of the pictures. I'm sure it will inspire many others. Everything matters but NOW is what counts. Congrats for the courage!

Amy Jurrens said...

Thanks John!!! It's nice having you following along on my journey.

Adam said...

Amy You look great, there is nothing you shoudl worry about. Your testimonial will influence many other women to get started! I am very Proud of you!!

Amy Jurrens said...

Adam,
How do you have time to post on my blog, seriously! You're out training up a storm, opening new facilities, bending really thick steel, becoming an RKC, oh, yeah and defending our country. Sheesh!

Thanks for your support over the past four months. I am so grateful I met you in January. You have inspired me.

Guess what? My grip strength is improving!! I did suitcase DL last night without incident. Big gain for me!! All I want for mother's day is a pinchgrip!! For sure! ;-)