Thursday, June 11, 2009

Friday on Thursday

I did Friday's training today (Thursday) since I will be golfing pretty much all day on Friday. Here's what I did:

Clean & Press - 12 kg (26 lb) - 8 x 1, 2, 3
-These went very well. I pressed up every rep hardstyle. Oh, and quickly as well.
RPE - 7

1 Arm, 1 Leg, Bent Knee Deadlift - 24 kg (53 lb) - 5 x 7 L, R
-I thought these would be tougher than they ended up being. I can really feel them in my asterisk. I can see how these will carry over into pistols.
RPE - 7

1 Hand Swings - 20 kg (44 lb) - 5 x 15 L, R
-20 seconds rest between arms
RPE - 5

Tonight my low back seized up. Not sure what's going on there. Probably the deadlifts. I'll do my Z health tonight and maybe a hot bath to see if I can loosen it up. I've been lying on my stomach in a cobra pose, but that is not relieving the tightness. Grrrrrr. Anybody have any suggestions?

1 comment:

John Roberts said...

You seem to be doing the correct measures for your back. Recently at work, I tweaked my back because I wasn't tense enough in the right place at the right time. I am now very conscious of tension in my core and glutes while doing TGUs and swings, and including yoga poses to help strenthen my weaknesses.