Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday's Training

Lots more Zhab today. I'm still needing a lot of rest from the Z drills and stressors in my life (if you're out of the loop, my house is a construction/destruction zone right now). I took a 45 min nap today, which kept me from getting out of the house on time for my training. Eeeek!

My training was fantastic. Here's what I did:

Open Palm TGU - 12 kg - 6 x 2 L, R
-Open palm means I hold the kb by the ball end on my open hand. Think waiter carrying a tray.
-All of the reps were strong except the very last one on the left. My hand shook pretty much the entire rep. It's much improved from last week, however.

Double Jerks - 12 kgs - 10 x 6
-I was supposed to do the jerks in sets of three, but I opted for sets of 6 as long as my hips kept firing properly. They did.
-I also performed Z drills between each set of 6.

I'm very pleased with my progress. These drills might look like a step back compared to what I was doing a month ago, but really, they are a step ahead. I am fixing issues that have held me back. I'm doing the time happily so that I can reap the rewards later.

2 comments:

John Roberts said...

Sounds like you're in a similar dusty environment as some farmers. Nothing beats a good sinus rinse once or twice a day. Nice to see you are following your Z-scription!

Amy Jurrens said...

To top it off, I live next door to a huge grain elevator. How's that for dust?

Gotta follow the Z-scription from Dr. Brad. It's good for what ails me.