Monday, August 10, 2009

Good Monday

My training was fun today!

Double Jerks - 12 kg bells - 10 x 8
-These keep getting better.

Mini-Circuit - 6 rounds, 20 seconds rest between each drill.
Double Cleans - 16 kg bells - 5 reps
Goblet Squats - 20 kg - 5 reps
-This got my blood pumping. I could have done more cleans, but the squats were just right.

I wanted to kick my own butt a little when I was finished, so I did a little drill Brad likes to throw into the mix. He never named it for me, so I decided to name it today. I call it -

BS 22s

Here's what you do:
1. Grab a medium weight kb. (For me today, I chose 20 kg.)
2. Start out doing 20 Burpees and 2 Swings. (This adds up to 22.)
3. Reduce the number of Burpees by 2 and increase the number of swings by 2 (18 B, 4 S = 22)
4. Continue reducing and increasing by 2 reps until you reach 2 Burpees and 20 Swings.
5. Rest as you need to. (When my HR dropped below 148, I started with the next set.)

BS 22 (Burpees & Swings for 22 reps)

I spent 31 minutes in my target HR zone; my average HR was 113; max HR was 158; burned 335 calories. I was drenched with sweat and felt awesome!

3 comments:

John Roberts said...

According to my math, that's 220 reps per set. Brutal. I like it!

Amy Jurrens said...

220 reps total - 110 Burpees and 110 Swings

Once through is enough as a finisher. :) It took me about 13 minutes to complete the B22.

John,
Are you assisting at the cert at the end of the month??

John Roberts said...

Good time with the B22 'finisher'!

I won't be going to the San Diego cert. I'm just a year old RKC without much experience, but I will be going to the HardStyle Ventura in October!