My training was fun today!
Double Jerks - 12 kg bells - 10 x 8
-These keep getting better.
Mini-Circuit - 6 rounds, 20 seconds rest between each drill.
Double Cleans - 16 kg bells - 5 reps
Goblet Squats - 20 kg - 5 reps
-This got my blood pumping. I could have done more cleans, but the squats were just right.
I wanted to kick my own butt a little when I was finished, so I did a little drill Brad likes to throw into the mix. He never named it for me, so I decided to name it today. I call it -
Here's what you do:
1. Grab a medium weight kb. (For me today, I chose 20 kg.)
2. Start out doing 20 Burpees and 2 Swings. (This adds up to 22.)
3. Reduce the number of Burpees by 2 and increase the number of swings by 2 (18 B, 4 S = 22)
4. Continue reducing and increasing by 2 reps until you reach 2 Burpees and 20 Swings.
5. Rest as you need to. (When my HR dropped below 148, I started with the next set.)
BS 22 (Burpees & Swings for 22 reps)
I spent 31 minutes in my target HR zone; my average HR was 113; max HR was 158; burned 335 calories. I was drenched with sweat and felt awesome!