Friday, August 21, 2009

Return of the Kettlebell - or - How I Was Blown Away

To just be blunt, I was blown away today by my progress. I started doing double kb drills a few weeks ago and felt very much out of my element practicing them. I had to find a new stance, a new groove, a new grip, etc. I wondered if double drills were for me. I found my answer today.

First up - double snatches.

Double Snatches - 12 kg - 10 x 4 w/30 seconds rest b/n sets
- To my surpise, the bells flew right up. I didn't feel awkward in the downswing. I even double-checked that I had 12 kg bells. How can it be that what was difficult a week ago was pretty easy today? WTH effect. Return of the Kettlebell.

Double Viking Push Press - 12 x 6 w/30 seconds rest b/n sets
-To my surprise again, these were more comfortable. My heels are staying put better and my elbows are staying in and down. (Hey Adam - don't worry about my womanhood. It's safe!)

I was feeling so strong that I did some more Franz pistol work. I'm getting closer. Next week I'm going to try out my new Elite rings. Bring em on!!

No comments: