Monday, August 31, 2009

Gotta Love Mondays!

Especially when you accomplish a feat of strength. I did my first ever 28 kg bent press today, and it was strong. Today's training reinforced that all the Z Health is paying off. I need those reminders to keep me practicing my Z consistently.

Open Palm Plate TGU - 25 lb - 3 x 3 L, R
-These were so much easier today. I have been doing sets of 2 reps each arm. Today was the first time I did sets of three. By the end of the third rep my wrists were screaming, but I did some Z between sets and I was good to go.

1 Arm 1 Leg Deadlifts - 24 kg (53 lb) - 4 L, R
Bent Press - 28 kg (62 lb) - 1 L, R
5 Rounds
-I was amazed how that 28 kg bell popped right up in my bent presses. I had to use two hands to guide it back to the rack position for safety, but otherwise the presses were strong. I was confident going into each rep. Failure was not an option.

The best part of my training today? The fact that my delt knot did NOT flare up at all. Z Health is wicked good stuff. Don't ask me how it works. Just look at my progress over the past few months and you'll see that it does.

No comments: