Saturday, September 5, 2009

Friday Toast and Shoe Issues

I was only able to complete 1/3 of my planned training Friday. My arms and legs felt like rubber - no tension. I haven't had a day like that for a long time, so I figured it was my body's way of telling me to take a break. Message received.

My body was also telling me to do my Z Health. I've spent about 45 minutes this morning doing R-Phase and my Zscription. I have the Z fever big time! I have nothing planned today except for relaxing on the beach with good friends. Ahhhhhhhhhhh

I'm still on the hunt for work-appropriate shoes that don't restrict my feet. I've not been overly successful. I purchased a pair of Toms shoes. They allow pretty good movement of my toes (I ordered a men's pair so they would be wider). They are a bit too casual, however. Purchasing the Toms allowed a child somewhere in the world to get a free pair of shoes, so the purchase was a good one regardless.

I've tried some super soft ballet slippers, but they are too short (even in a size 11) and don't have a wide enough toe bed.

I've ordered some flats in size 11 wide, but they are too long and too wide on the heel. As a result, they slip off my heels with every step. I have one pair of flats that have an ankle strap, so they stay on. They aren't quite wide enough, however, so my toes are squeezed some.

By Thursday I couldn't take it anymore and just wore my five fingers to work. I'm an English professor, so I can probably get away with the quirky professor look! :) I'm thinking I'll try to find some boots, like Uggs, that are flat and wide for fall and winter.

I'm at my wits end! If anyone has some suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. As you can see, I have large feet. I am a size 10, but have been buying 11s to give my toes extra room. I also have bunions, so I need a wide shoe. Wide shoes have a wider heel, which I don't need. Yeah, it's a problem.

My five fingers fit so well and feel so amazing. If only Vibram would make a model that covered the individual toe compartments and looked like a ballet flat. Can anyone help me get that idea to Vibram???

2 comments:

Faizal S. Enu said...

Re: "no tension", that is typically a sign that your CNS is fried, a back off week will fix that. Working through it is about the worst thing that you can do.

Shoes. If you can wear boot, try Doc Martens. They last forever, can be used for KB and can be worn with everything except dresses and skirts.

Nancy N. said...

Google 'custom moccasins'... I haven't bought any in over 20 years (custom-made by a vendor on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley), but I'm thinking about it again. This site has beautiful shoes!!! http://www.sodhoppers.com/