Saturday, September 12, 2009

Whew!

Got my third training session in for the week today. I didn't know if it would happen since Monday had been a holiday, but I made it happen. It was another evil double kettlebell drill day!

Double Snatches - 12 kgs - 10 x 5
- I get 30 seconds rest between sets. That felt about right today.
RPE - 7


Viking Push Press - 12 kgs - 10 x 6
- I was supposed to take 30 seconds rest between sets. However, I ended up taking a bit more between some sets because I had to do some Z Health to keep my hips firing and to keep my knot from flaring.
- These buggers are tough! I hope I enjoy these at some point, but for now, they are a necessary evil.
RPE - 9

I also spent some time holding the down position of pistols. I am much more steady on my left leg than on my right. I wasn't able to hold myself long on my right leg.

I tried something new today - Brettzels. I've been hearing about them and then I read Gray Cook's article on Dragon Door yesterday. I figured, why not!

The Brettzels felt amazing and gave me a great stretch in my thoracic area, right where my knot is. I found that when I lie on my right side, I am much more mobile than when I lie on my left. I figure this phenomenon is related to my pistol imbalance. I need to see Brad again to get this evaluated.

Sunday is my daughter's 8th birthday. It's hard to believe Lauren is that old already. I don't feel old enough to have an 11 and an 8 year old. --Just so you know, Brad. I will be eating a piece of cake! ;) Happy Birthday, Lauren!!! You're strong and full of joy. Those traits will take you far!

No comments: